Maintain your Car Refrigeration – The air conditioning / AC unit.
Refrigeration also has a place in your car! That’s right. Your car’s AC unit works like a fridge too.
Are you starting to think your car’s air conditioning (AC) is not working as efficiently as it used to? Does it seem to smell a bit strange? Well, if it does, it’s time to get get it serviced.
There could be germs floating around inside the car because bacteria have built up in the system. Here are some tips about what you can do to keep it working in tip top, healthy, condition. If you can’t take care of this checklist yourself, you can drop by Clearview Car Care in Downtown Frederick MD. It can all be done while you take a walk into the town and check out the shops or grab lunch at somewhere like Firestones on West Patrick Street,
- Whether it’s Winter or Summer, it’s good practice to turn on the AC at least every week or two and give it a blast for about 10 to 15 minutes. When I say blast, I mean turn the fan full on. To enable the compressor to keep working efficiently, it needs to flex its muscles every so often.
- If there’s a defrost setting, give that a go too. No need to run it for as long as the AC but make sure it’s fully cranked.That smell I commented on? That would be mildew that has built up because of the moisture that accumulates. This is not healthy and the sooner it is cleared out and any spores killed off, the better. This is important especially for people who have allergies that affect their respiratory systems.
- AC is also useful during the winter time. Some cars have a tendency to get steamy windows on cold, damp mornings. Your car’s air conditioning is designed to clear humidity from inside the car. SO turn it on and see how it does a great job. I know we all want the heat to kick in ASAP but that needs to wait for the engine to warm up. While that’s happening, your AC can clear the windscreen so that you can at least see where you’re going.
- Top up your air conditioning with freon. Freon is the gas inside the car’s air conditioning system. Over the period of a couple of years, the freon level will drop, decreasing the AC’s efficiency. Have that checked out every other year and have us lubricate the system too.
- Complete AC Service. If you have your AC serviced regularly, you are far less likely to run into expensive repair scenarios. If a leak is detected, it can be taken care of and repaired, before it gets beyond repair. Everything can be inspected, cleaned, freon topped up etc., leaving you to be cool during those summer months.
- Clean the AC vents when you clean your car. The narrow spaces between a car’s air conditioning vents can be difficult to clean using a cloth. However, inexpensive foam paintbrushes make the job quick and easy. Clean your A/C vents once every month or two, or more often if you notice they become dusty. If you smell a moldy odor when you turn your A/C on, clean your vent system using a disinfectant spray cleaner. To prevent mold growth, periodically dry out your vent system by blowing your fan on max with the A/C off, and be sure to clear away any debris that collects around the exterior air intakes.
Arranging Your Items in the Refrigerator
It is irritating to see your refrigerator that is a bit messy and unorganized because you would be confused sometimes which one to use and which one to throw away. Some people would complain that their fridge gets easily damage because of the spilled water or liquid in the fridge which makes it prone to the freezer repair Frederick there. Sometimes, we tend to ask our kids or partners to be the one to arrange the newly bought groceries to the different parts of the ref and even the meat. After they have arranged it, we would check it and most of the time we get angry because they don’t put to the proper designated area or drawer in there.
Teaching your kids to properly arrange the materials inside the ref would be a good and helpful thing that they could learn from you and to use this one sooner. Placing the right food to the right storage drawer would help to make the food to stay longer and be able to stay fresh even up to two weeks there. In this way, you would save a lot of money from wasting the food that is in the wrong place like the fruits putting them to the freezer storage area. You could actually do some saving tips for this one by following some simple rules that you need to follow and arranging the different items as much as possible now.
- Starting with arranging and making things in order inside the ref: When you love fruits so much and then there would be a chance that you are going to buy a lot of fruits and keep them in the fridge storage. But sometimes, there would be some people that they would keep it in the wrong place like the freezer where it would be very cold and be freezing there, too. This would result in unpleasant fruit anymore as you can’t eat this one because it is not good to be digested in the body and may result in stomach problems. If you have leftover foods then you could place them in the middle section of the ref so that it won’t be too cold for them and have right temperature.
- Keeping the area of the drawer clean before putting new items and products: There could be some storage baskets or drawers that you need to use as they are suitable one to be used as it comes with the overall ref or fridge. It is a nice idea as well that you would use a plastic sheet that can be bought from the supermarket before putting the meat product to avoid the stain.
- Putting the things in order in the freezer area of the fridge: Before you store things inside the fridge make sure that they are in the right container or bottles and then you could label them to recognize the items very fast. You could also keep the meat in the sandwich bag so that it would be easy for you to get them when you need to cook them.
Organizing Tips for Your Fridge
Organizing your fridge is very nice so that it would not look messy and dirty when you open it and it makes the food safe from the germs and bacteria. If you would keep the fridge clean then it would be easier for you to locate the things and ingredients that you have placed inside the refrigerator or the freezer. Having a disorganize fridge would give you so much trouble like mixing the different foods together or you would accidentally mistook other condiments instead of using the other one. It can cause some problems as well to the system and you need to have the fridge freezer repair Frederick MD if there is some damage or it doesn’t cool.
Placing the foods to the right compartment inside the ref would be a nice step to keep everything clear and in order as you don’t have to worry about it. There is a specific place or location where you would need to put the designated food like meat or dairy products as you could not mix it with vegetables. Putting them in the right drawer would give you an easy access to the item that you are looking for next time and to the others who are looking for. Here are some of the things that you could do to keep your fridge in order to avoid damage to the food and to the overall system of the ref.
- Know how to separate the different foods like the condiments from the meat products: You should know at first that the meat products should be in the lower part of the fridge as his part is the coldest area of the fridge or ref. It would help to extend the life span of your meat and fish so that you could use them after a week or more than that for your cooking meals. There could be some side drawers where you could put the small bottles of condiments that need to be placed in the fridge like the tomato sauce or bread spread.
- Make use of the designated shelves in the fridge for easy access: Avoid mixing the vegetables to your meat as the vegetables don’t need to be placed inside the coldest part of the refrigerator as it may not be good to use. If you are going to buy this appliance, then make sure that you would choose the one with the different storage areas to keep your food and different products, too. Try to make use of the plastic containers when you are placing your leftover foods instead of placing it in a plate to avoid having a bad odor inside there.
- Know how to clean and remove the items that should not be there anymore: It is important that you have to remove and get rid of the items that are already expired and not useful anymore to give space to new foods and items. Make sure to clean the fridge and different drawers every week to avoid the building up of the germs inside the fridge.
Essential Laundry Tips You Can Do
Washing clothes is something that you have to work every other day or every weekend. In a sense, there are tons of ways for you to get your clothes washed with the least amount of hassle. This could be done through laundromats and things that work so good about it. Of course, you can buy your own washing machine and get to it.
If you have a faulty washing machine you should get a washing machine repair Frederick for it. You don’t want a faulty washing machine for it because that could mean a lot of problems later. This is something that you should remember. So, get it fixed as soon as you can or have it changed as much as you can.
- WHITES SHOULD BE SEPARATED FROM OTHER COLORS
This is something that you should remember if you want your white clothes to stay as white as possible. It’s important for you to do this if you think that, that sort of white is worth it. There are ways for you to go about it as much as you can. You can soak it with baking soda for a while to make sure that it stays as white as possible.
- DARK COLORED CLOTH TO STAY DARK
If you want a particular set of clothes to stay dark there are ways for you to achieve that. There is no need for you to feel so out of place about it. If you want to make darker colored clothes stay dark, use salt in the rinse cycle to keep it dark, this also works with denim too.
- GET RID OF SMELLY CLOTHES
It’s actually pretty easy to get rid of that unwanted smell from clothes, this means that you won’t have to go wearing clothes that have that just bought smell? Use baking soda in the pre-soak option in your washing cycle. This would get rid of it, use this solution for two hours at most.
- DISINFECT YOUR WASHING MACHINE
This means that you’ll have to make sure that you are doing what you can about the washing machine that you have. You’ll have to disinfect it as best as you could and that is something that you should think about as long as you can. You can use mouthwash to clean your washing machine.
- RUGS AND CURTAINS
To refresh the look of rugs and curtains use salt water to do it well. This means that you use a third of a cup of salt in water with the detergent to have a fresher looks out there. So, in a way you’ll have to make sure that you have a great time about it.
When you are making sure to clean your things, there are many ways to go about it. It isn’t just one thing to be like this and like that. You won’t have a choice but to do what you can about it. You may have to try trial and error, but in the end, you’ll find the method that works best for you.
Please check us out for more information about repairs.